Thank you for using The Blog Class.
We hope you have the most amazing learning experience during this class. Your individual results are based on several factors, most of which are in your complete control and dependent on your individual choices and application of the educational material. Each individual students’ experience will be unique. You will need to follow each step and be diligent about reaching your goals in order to see any results.
Very few, if any, of the steps or videos in this course are difficult, but they will require you to watch the video, learn the content and apply it to your individual situation, which will vary along with your results. Registration for and participation in this class shall not imply or guarantee specific results nor should you expect results simply by association or participation in this class. We have done our best to provide you with examples from our own experience and we provide the videos, downloads, content and other material in this class as such, for educational purposes only.
Who May Use our Services
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with The Blog Class, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Blog Class account, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain courses may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Content, Services and Software. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain The Blog Class written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, and you will not share with any third party access to or access information for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
While we take pride in our courses, unexpected events do occur and updates may be needed from time to time. The Blog Class reserves the right to update, cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course, video, content or other media or to modify any course content or assessment. Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
No Academic Credit
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution, participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. The Blog Class, the course instructors, and the associated participating institutions have no obligation to have a course recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
Disclaimer of Student-University Relationship
Nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to your participation in any course: (a) establishes any relationship between you and any educational institution with which The Blog Class may be affiliated; (b) enrolls or registers you in any educational institution, or in any course offered by any educational institution; or (c) entitles you to use the resources of any educational institution beyond participation in the course.
The Services enable you to share your content, such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments you submit, posts you make in the forums, and the like (“User Content”), with The Blog Class, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share.
How The Blog Class and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant The Blog Class a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting The Blog Class the right to authorize participating institutions to use User Content with their registered students and on-campus learners independent of the Services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights The Blog Class may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, The Blog Class does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to The Blog Class, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, The Blog Class cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing email@example.com
Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. The Blog Class cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. The Blog Class disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of such third party content.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
The Blog Class respects the intellectual property rights of our users, participating institutions, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. You may not distribute, promote, or use The Blog Class images, logos, or other branding without prior written consent.
The Blog Class offers paid Services (e.g., one on one consulting, one time support, course upgrades, etc. for certain courses) for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and The Blog Class reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant Services. Refunds may be available for paid Services as described in our Refund Policy.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Accordingly, The Blog Class may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. None of The Blog Class, its participating institutions and instructors, affiliates, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the “The Blog Class Parties”) shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go.
THE SERVICES AND ALL INCLUDED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. The Blog Class PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. The Blog Class PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED CONTENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR SUCH CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, The Blog Class PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR COURSE CONTENT; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE APPLICABLE The Blog Class PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT OR INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL The Blog Class AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50) OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY The Blog Class FROM YOU FOR THE USE OF PAID SERVICES DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Blog Class Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Services are managed by The Blog Class, which is located in Pierce County, Washington. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Pierce County, Washington as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, for claims related to the Services where the total amount sought is less than ten thousand U.S. Dollars ($10,000.00 USD), either you or The Blog Class may elect at any point during the dispute to resolve the claim through binding, non-appearance-based arbitration. The dispute will then be resolved using an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider, mutually agreed upon by you and The Blog Class. The parties and the selected ADR provider shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, or via written submissions alone. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
Acceptable Use Policy
The Blog Class mission is to provide universal access to the world’s best blogging education. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our learners as well as academic freedom for our instructors. We also want to make sure that all of our learners and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted these guidelines to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
Although we do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that learners who are as young as 13 use The Blog Class, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger learners.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
The Blog Class respects the intellectual property rights of our affiliates, partnering institutions and media outlets, instructors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you would like to read the DMCA, please visit the U.S. Copyright Office website athttp://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Services infringe your copyright, the DCMA provides that you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow The Blog Class to locate the material on the Services;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Services can either be sent:
- via mail: Copyright Agent, The Blog Class PO Box 7083 Bonney Lake WA 98391
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
The Blog Class also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another’s trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by The Blog Class in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing way on our Services, please email us at email@example.com, and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
The Blog Class Refund Policy
All students participating in the class must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will register for only one account.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
- I will attempt to apply and understand content and media as outlined in each section to the best of my ability.
These guidelines are of course entirely up to your discretion, however, we reserve the right to cancel and/or refund any student’s access to The Blog Class if the above code of conduct is not adhered to with a reasonable standard of acceptance.